Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Muse Bouche - Part IV

Have you been as impressed as I have with all the amuse bouche we have been seeing? The things that have been created with the new stamps and paper are outstanding - I've been waiting with excitement to show the new Chrysanthemum stamps! When I was in the shop today I picked up some new Metallic Perfect Pearls and decided to play with them tonight - This card features the Bronze Pearls - (apparently I have a real thing about the contrast of the shimmer paper with kraft paper - Kinda like putting silk with burlap - pretty weird but I like it!)
When you angle the card you see how striking the pearls can be, especially when coupled with the A Muse Couture Shimmer paper. I cut out the panels with my Nesties and then layered a piece of acetate behind the black damask paper and added the kraft panel on top.
The piece I cut out got layered onto another card (can't waste a bit of this luscious paper). This chrysanthemum got colored with Silver Perfect Pearls. Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig ensures that your Solid and Open Chrysanthemum stamps line up perfectly!!
Don't forget to visit the A Muse blog to be in the running for a wonderful prize - ALL 5 sets of the new clear stamps!
Stamps - 6-4165J Chrysanthemum Open, 6-4166J Chrysanthemum Solid, 9-8613C Deepest Sympathy
Ink - Moment Dye ink in Tuxedo Black
Paper - A Muse Damask Couture paper in Slate, kraft paper
Accessories - A Muse Sheer Ribbon in white, acetate, Nestabilities, Perfect Pearls, Stamp-a-ma-jig

10 comments:

Jennie M said...

This is gorgeous!! WOW!!

Becky Rusher said...

These are lovely, Michelle! I have such a hard time with sympathy cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

sherry czarnecki said...

STUUUNNNNINGGGGGG!

cheiron said...

Wow! Love this card...what a great design!

veronica said...

love the acetate window. very snazzy!

Novell said...

The acetate window was a fabulous idea!

Rhonda said...

Whoa!! How completely cool!!! So gorgeous and I just love the look with the acetate!! Very creative!

JulieHRR said...

WOW!!! So sophisticated--it's just BEAUTIFUL, Michelle!

Glenda J said...

So creative! Great job.

Lori Barnett said...

Wonderful idea with the frames. I really need to get more Nestabilities!