Friday, October 30, 2009

Stamping on Basswood

Isn't that the most pitiful name for a blog post ever??!!
My last post had Basswood (doesn't that sound like the name of a fish or maybe a weird bird) as a layer on a card - this time I decided to stamp directly onto the wood. A Nestabilities die added some fun embossing (I put some scotch tape on the back to make sure the center doesn't pop out later since the grain of the wood is compromised from the embossing).
A clear Spica marker added a little bling to the plain main panel. You don't need any fancy inks for this - Momento Dye Ink in Bamboo Leaves worked just fine.
The tree stamp is from Hero Arts - sentiment and ribbon from A Muse.

2 comments:

veronica said...

my fav part of this great card is the embossed background. it just adds a little something extra!

basswood sounds like the name of a guitar to me.

Kimberly Jones said...

Very cool and different!
I didn't believe in basswood. I thought you meant balsa wood! But Randy assured me that it exists! I love how it turned out!