Monday, November 16, 2009

Vintage Monograms


How would you like a boxed set of 10 monogrammed notecards?? My classes this week at Serendipity are featuring the above cards plus a box to store them in - I had a blast designing this set of notecards since it is so different from what I normally do. There are pages from an old book (after my initial reluctance to deface a book I am now looking forward to using all the pages so I can recycle the cover somehow), vintage crocheted lace and some new stamps from Stampington. Plus we'll use some fun tools - JustRite Monogram Stamp Set (with Damask rings), Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Bow Easy, Parisian Edge Punch, etc.
Don't ya love the patterned paper at the top of this card? WAIT - it isn't patterned paper at all - it is the clear stamp set - French Dictionary. There is a lot of potential for this stamp set as backgrounds, etc. Looks just like old newsprint.
Wednesday's class is already at capacity (can't believe I can actually type this!!) but there is room in Friday's class - See you then!

3 comments:

veronica said...

i love that french dictionary stamp set. your card set is beautiful! also can't wait to see what you do with your recycled book cover.

Susan Raihala said...

WOW!!! This set is WONDERFUL!!!!

Kimberly Jones said...

The color scheme of red, cream, and black is one of my very favorites! And you know I love the vintage flair of this set! Great job!