Friday, December 4, 2009

Blissful Papercrafting Bloghop -

November 17, 2009 9:50 PM
Love the leafy thing you used with the ribbon! Classy cards! Now show me a scrapbook layout!!! :) Kimmay

YUP - Scrapbook layouts are not things that I do - in fact, you are about to see my first and only 12" x 12" hybrid scrapbook layout - (drumroll, please. . . . . . . )
My cousin Selena and her husband Steve just celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary! Corey and I were both in the wedding and we watched the video with them last weekend while we were down visiting them in Mississippi - WOW we were young!!
I love the look of ruffled ribbon but was too lazy to get the sewing machine out so I opted to take the easy way by stapling the ruffles on - worked great. Then made some vellum elements and put some Stickle bling -
I had more fun putting this together than I ever thought I would - who knows - maybe I'll venture into making another page sometime?
Be sure and check out Kim's blog and Roni's blog for more papercrafting goodness! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

veronica said...

i did a scrapbook page too! great minds think alike!
i love your ruffle with stapler, great idea, and a whole lot easier than sewing.

Kimberly Jones said...

I love your page Michelle! Especially the ruffled ribbon! Great idea! Your first page is gorgeous! Are you sure you aren't a closet scrapbooker?

luverlie said...

love the ruffled ribbon and really like the leaf ribbon (which is hard to find). You said hybrid? What digi papers did you use? I find digi sb'ing to not be easy. I like all the layering of vellum, stamping and ribbons. My kind of page.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful page Michelle. I'm sure your cousin will be thrilled with it.
Dolly