Wednesday, April 14, 2010

They aren't called Go-To-Gals for nothing!!

LOOK!!! Isn't this card the most elegant thing ever?! I love it so much!! What makes this card really rock are the stickpins! I've been seeing elegant stickpins all over in "blogworld" these days - Want to know where I got them? I made them!
I was looking through the blogs I regularly browse when I read today's entry at Papercrafts Connection - Go-to-Gal Teri Anderson is one of my favorites - her work is so original and inspiring - so much so that I was inspired to make my very own stickpins after reading about how she did it!!
This cool sketch came from 2sketches4you - it is the first time I've done one of their sketches. If you read my blog much you know this - "Hi. My name is Michelle and I am a sketch-aholic." Honestly, I would've never thought of a card layout like this, would you? The stamps on this card are from A Muse (6-5066J Modern wood block, Monogram Frames clear stamp set), the paper is from an old book and the lace is from Wal-Mart (can you believe it??) - Have fun and try something new.

6 comments:

veronica said...

i love that kazan! had her sketch bookmarked for this week. love your pins, very cool!

cnelson said...

stunning!! wow!! fabulous!!!

Susan Raihala said...

Beautiful! Love all the vintage texture and pattern on this layout!

Kathy Martin said...

This is so pretty! Love that lace and those decorative pins! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!
There is a big smile on my face seeing this. I am just tickled you were inspired to play.
Your card is beautiful. And your pins are "awe" worthy.
Hope you are having a good day!
Thanks again for the big smile!

Teri

Laura Davis said...

What a beautiful card!
Just filling in for Kazan while she is at her retreat!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura