Monday, June 14, 2010

Get Sketchy #42 - Hi Friend

Another handmade crocheted flower - this one has a K&Company fabric brad in the center and leaves created from the SU! Bird punch.
The flower is layered onto a Martha Stewart Die-cut lace tag (think teeny tiny doily) - they come 12 to a package (4 each of 3 designs). The patterned paper is from my old stash of "Archaic" Basic Grey paper (one of the most beautiful collections ever - wouldn't you agree, Kim? tee hee) and the sentiment is from A Muse.
Sometimes I see cards that people made from a certain sketch and I look and I look and I have the hardest time "seeing it". Well, I took great liberties with this sketch from Get Sketchy so the same may be said of me this week - sometimes you get creating and you don't know what way things will turn out in the end. BTW - this French Roast A Muse 4b card base is perfect for this kind of card since it has a white color base - Simply punch the decorative edge and you are done.

3 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

Where's the pink? Just kidding! This card is adorable, and you have convinced me of the beauty of brown and green! Loving your crocheted flowers by the way!

Ruby said...

Ooh fab flower! It looks great with the little button!

veronica said...

you know i am loving those crocheted flowers! and the fabric brad is the perfect center!