Tuesday, August 24, 2010

GS52 - If friends were flowers . . .

As I've admitted on this blog several times, card layouts are a struggle for me - that's why I participate in so many sketch challenges. This card is based on the Get Sketchy 52 layout below. Sometimes when I get stuck on a tricky sketch (like this one) I turn it in a different direction to get another perspective - When I turned this layout upside down I saw "flowers". Suddenly a difficult sketch became an easy one!!
I got to use some of my new goodies on it too - My new Martha Stewart Grass punch and some stitched, pleated Maya Road ribbon (both available at the Doodlebug). The sentiment and patterned papers that make up the banner and flower stems are from A Muse. The flower stickers are from K&Company, all other patterned papers are from Basic Grey. Have fun and tackle a sketch today - you will be glad you did!
PLUS - this card fits into Glenda's Random A Musing Challenge #79 - Use a non-stamped flower on a card. Did you know she has a new A Muse challenge on her blog each Monday?

7 comments:

jen said...

I love this sketch turned upside down! The flowers are perfect!
That pleated ribbon topped with twine is so fun! :D

Pamela Wade said...

I love it! Those flower stickers are gorgeous! ~~Pam

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely fantastic Michelle! I love it! Great colours and textures. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely fantastic Michelle! I love it! Great colours and textures. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

Heather said...

Sooo pretty!

Joan Ervin said...

You did a fabulous job with the sketch...your flowers are sooo pretty!!!! Love all the beautiful details you added, too!!!!

veronica said...

cool sketch! cute flowers too.