Thursday, August 12, 2010

Moxie Fab - She Sells Seashells

This card is for the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger Challenge: She Sells Seashells. This trigger was so hard for me that I skipped it entirely but then Cath extended the challenge another week to taunt me so I relented and gave it a try - -
Have you ever seen a picture that was more "not me"?!! However, when I was much younger I was a pink girl so I sat back and tried to revisit that person. I didn't use seashells but was definitely motivated by the color of the inside of a shell - the pearly sheen is reflected in the background paper and the buttons and I pulled the gold out in the decorations.
The Jolee's boutique accessories came from Michael's - steel die is from PTI - Tissue Tape from Tim Holtz (have I made you buy any yet, Jen S??) - the newly popular baker's string - pale pink silk ribbon were all layered onto my card along with a brass bee I've had for some time.

Not sure if I like this card or not but at least I tried, right?

8 comments:

José Maria Lobato said...

Wow,,,, spectacular, I have no more words!!! Hug, Zé

veronica said...

i love the bee!

Kimberly Jones said...

I love the pink, and the bee, and the gold!

Pamela Wade said...

I love it! It turned out beautifully! ~~Pam

jen said...

It looks great- even if it's outside of your normal box!! :)
And have you been featured somewhere EVERY DAY THIS WEEK? *grin*!!!
Congrats on the cards feature!

Stella said...

Gorgeous,beautiful!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Rachael said...

I like your card better than mine, much more creative. I need to congratulate you on your recent publication in our fave magazine. I saw your card and said an out loud congrats to you! I'm always pulling for you now whenever I see your name entered somewhere. :) Eventhough we've never met, I almost feel like we're friends. :) Thanks again for all your help. Talk to you soon!