Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Moxie Fab - Not your Square Granny Squares

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger time - This card is inspired by the photo below.  The staggered medallions remind me of the offset scallop craze that's going on now - I have a tutorial on how I've been making these if you haven't seen it already.  Copper tape (found in the stained glass section of your craft store) finishes the top and bottom edges and adds a touch of shine.  The strip to the left edge is actually wood paper to bring in the warmth of the wood floor and, of course, this card wouldn't be finished without the turquoise - that's what really jumps from the trigger pic!
Whenever I see anything crocheted I immediately think of my mom!  I can always picture her in "her chair" making so many varied, beautiful afghans, tablecloths (from cotton thread - do you know how long that takes?!!), baby dresses, etc.  That was her therapy like papercrafting is mine!  I'm sure you would agree that there is definitely something very soothing in crafting something with your hands.  Love ya, mom!!
The card is simply finished with a sentiment from my favorite Papertrey Ink stamp set - Signature Greetings.

4 comments:

jen said...

This is REALLY gorgeous!! I love how you've incorporated the elements of the inspiration pic! It's a double moxie fabber with the trigger & the scallops! :D

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Paula Laird said...

Wow! Awesome!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks also for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)