Monday, October 25, 2010

PDCC#52 - Play Date Cafe's One Year Anniversary!

I've been getting teased quite a bit recently that I use a lot of pink despite my dislike of the color!  Apparently, my gal pals Kim, Jen and Roni are right - somewhat!  I will concede that I have been touching my girly side a lot more lately but nothing floats my boat like a nice brown, beige or warm "autumn-y" color!
This card features some of my luscious playthings - Prima patterned paper and blossom, Zva crystals, PTI button and silk ribbon, Martha Stewart doily, Girls' Paperie lettering and handmade crinkle seam binding. Yes, I did dye it pink myself but I used Gimmer mist that I won - otherwise I wouldn't have pink glimmer mist!  It would be bad to let free product go to waste, right - just think of me as a "green" crafter - reduce, reuse, recycle and all that -
The colors come from the current Play Date Cafe Challenge - It is their one year anniversary and I LOVE playing their challenges!!  The sketch is courtesy of Card Patterns #87 and CARDS is looking for projects with bling this week.
Am I the only one or do you suddenly find yourself reaching for colors or embellishments that you wouldn't normally reach for?  It is good for me to be more colorful but now I think I will go sit in my nice, peaceful beige and sage green living room!

10 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

Love that pink! I am crazy over that pink seam binding! I still haven't tried making my own yet. This card is very pink, very girly, and beatiful! PINK forever!

Tracey said...

LOVE your "girlie" card!!!! I can't wear pink so I love to use it in cards LOL!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, the Prima paper makes for a perfect BG with this weeks colors. Love all the added bling and ribbon! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

veronica said...

very pretty in pink! this is definitely not the brown loving michelle i have known in the past!

jen said...

Look at you!!! this is GOR-GEOUS!!! Love that seam binding- so fun! I'd say the challenges DO push me!! (I for one would not generally reach for yellow...) :) Does that mean we're 'growing'?! HA!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card using the PDCC colors! Love what you did even if pink is not your go to color! :) Glad you joined us at the PDCC.

Elisa K said...

Adore your card... Loving all the bling.

hugs

Laura.K said...

Lovely card. Those pearls are such a nice touch.

Ruby said...

Your post really made me giggle! I am just like you when it comes to pink, although I don't mind if it's really bright! I have been using a lot more pink lately though. Great card, I love everything about it, gorgeous! Thanks for joining in our anniversary celebrations over at the PDCC!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GET OUT! This is full of detail--love it! I love the bling and the soft but bold colors...and the sentiment! SO FUN! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with our one year anniversary celebration over at the PDCC:)