Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Skipping Stones Designs #45 - Rolled Fabric Flower

Have you ever made a rolled fabric flower?  Fun!!  I've been meaning to try it for a while - Used it for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #61 which is being used this week as the Skipping Stones Designs Tuesday Sketch #45
Burlap leaves, Zva crystals, Tim Holtz Tissue tape and Film strip reel, letters from The Girls' Paperie and Basic Grey patterned paper jazz up this card and bring it its sparkle.
I loved this sketch so much that I did it the first time around -
BTW - Guess what I did yesterday?  I got a flu shot.  That may not seem like a big deal to most people but I'm trying to get over my irrational fears - My fear of shots rivals only my fear of birds - When I was a small child I was very scrawny - so thin that I can remember reading on the chart on the back of the pediatrician's door that I was in the 20th percentile.  In my mind I always pictured a shot sinking through the flesh of my skinny arm and penetrating into my bone and then getting stuck and having to be pulled out with a force similar to attempting to remove Excalibur from the stone.  It's not the puncture part that gets me (I don't even flinch when I get blood drawn, not much anyway), it is the whole part where the needle gets stuck in my bone but I am happy to report that my arm has beefed up since then and I made it through unscathed.  The only part that made me sad was that I was alone and Corey and mom weren't there to pat me on the back and call me a "BIG GIRL"!!  So the rest of you wusses that end up with the flu - "too bad, so sad"!

8 comments:

jen said...

BIG GIRL!!! (imagine ME patting you on the back!)- I get my flu shot next week.... And you are not alone in your fear- at least you can put your finger on WHY!!!
On to the cards- LOVE the rolled flower- I haven't made one in awhile- but they are fun! I love those letters- I have some & don't think I could put them on a card- I'm keeping for a scrapbook page (which implies I'm planning to scrapbook- HA!) And that text birdie is making me HAPPY!

Kimberly Jones said...

I love so many things about these cards, but all I can focus on are those burlap leaves! Fabulous! I plan to use the burlap you gave me in some projects today! Thanks!

veronica said...

love that rolled flower, great colors. the burlap leaves are cool too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, both great cards for the sketch! Love that rolled fabric flower, I've been meaning to try it so now maybe I should too! ;) Thanks for joining us Skipping Stones Design!

Tamra said...

WOW Michelle! LOVE that rolled flower!! Both cards are awesome...great job on the sketch, and thanks for joining us this week at SSD!

Tanya Hulbert said...

I just found your blog and am very impressed with your art. I love the fancy flowers, so girly! Thanks for sharing your many talents.

Brenda Weaver said...

Wow! Great job on both cards! Love the textures and the flower on the first card and the adorable bird in the second. Thanks so much for playing along with us at SSD!

~amy~ said...

Not just 1 but 2 fantastic cards!!!! I love both of them...so very beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at Skipping Stones Design!!!