Thursday, January 6, 2011

OLW35 - Yellow

One Layer Wednesday time!!  This week's challenge (OLW35) is to make a one-layer card that has yellow!!  I wanted a pretty pale yellow to be my background for stamping but this is a one layer challenge so no cheating adding more paper!
To achieve that I decided to paint my background with a loose square of yellow/white Claudine Hellmuth paint - that paint is so easy to use and so, so very creamy.  So luscious that if you didn't know any better you might try to lick it.  In fact, I did know better but was still tempted to lick it!!
The Try a New Technique Challenge (TLC306) on SCS this week is to paint with Stickles.  That was just what my flower needed for a touch of bling.  The stamped images and twinkle stickers come from A Muse.  Of course, with a layered stamp it is important to use a stamp positioner to get things lined up "just right".
Yellow is just the thing to cheer things up on a cold winter day - Well, yellow with a nice, warm latte and a Double-stuffed Oreo (just trying to keep things real).

13 comments:

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

How pretty! I've never used that kind of paint before. You card looks really smooth & flat, does the paint make the cardstock wrinkle?

G Peplow said...

OOh! gorgeous yellow, I can see why you were tempted to lick, I would be too. The placement of your flower and sentiment, simply wonderful:0) xx

Kathy D said...

Very pretty, nice and simple.
I like it!

Deborah Frings said...

This is gorgeous!! I'd never have thought to paint the background!! Doh! The flower image is lovely and I like how it sparkles.

veronica said...

its a very pretty yellow! lovely card.

jen said...

I'm not even a huge fan of yellow, but I am cheered just seeing this!!! Wonderful on a gloomy winter day! (and stop licking the paint- stick with the oreo!)

Kimberly Jones said...

Sheer genius to use paint on this card! It's a very happy design!

Chrissie said...

Great idea!
I use Lego blocks as my stamp positioner!
Super card!
Chrissie

joanne wardle said...

lovely paint effect. great card

Karen said...

I love your painted background! That's something I never think of to do.

Donelda said...

I adore your warm and creamy yellow card. the painting was a great idea. I think I'll pull out some paints and give it a go later today during our snow storm.

Susan said...

Michelle, your card is beautiful! I love that soft yellow...and painting with stickles...awesome!

Rosemary said...

what a gorgeous card! love the touch of stickles...