Sunday, May 22, 2011

FTL141 - Tissue Paper Butterfly

 Quick post tonight - I have things I need to do but why do them when I can post a cool card, right?
Sketch was taken from Clean & Simple Stamping's FTL141.  I got a wild hair and decided to cut a butterfly out of tissue paper using the largest of the A Muse|Studio Butterfly dies. . .
When I showed the card to my husband my hands were kinda shaky and he said that I was "fluttering the butterfly at me".  He seemed impressed - much more so than when I flutter my eyelashes at him!
Other supplies include vintage French dictionary book paper (look closely to spot my favorite phrase:  "to sigh for the flesh-pots of Egypt" - definitely not a phrase you see everyday but apparently the French use it!), Zva swirl, Maya Road Kraft Doily, Stella Rose (My Mind's Eye) patterned paper, and Basic Grey micro mono stickers (that dot on the "i" was quite tricky - one got lost before I successfully stuck one on the card).  Only four more days of school left so lots of activities to do this week!!

4 comments:

jen said...

beautiful- love the tissue butterfly & bling trail!

Kimberly Jones said...

This card is a favorite for me! I love the vintage french dictionary paper, the colors, and the fluttery butterly. Very pretty!

Kimberly Jones said...

hmm...not sure what a "butterly" is but I do love that butterfly! Must have been distracted by the "flesh pots of Egypt"!

veronica said...

what fluttery goodness! love the multiple layers.