Tuesday, June 7, 2011

FTL143, LIM18 - Orange!!

"ORANGE" - not only a bright, summery hue but also a delicious, juicy fruit.  So why, when I asked Connor to pick a color and he said "orange" - did terror strike my papercrafting heart?  I had decided that whatever color he chose would be the focus of my entry to the Less is More - Week 18 - Monochromatic Colour Challenge, but seriously, "orange"??!!  I am not the only one scared of orange - I just checked the Less is More Gallery and currently there are 203 entries and only 6 of them are orange!
Once I wrapped my brain around it and used the Clean and Simple Stamping's FTL143 accompanied by lots of wonderful a muse|studio products all was well!!  Everything is better with a touch of orange gingham paper!
Isn't that just about the nicest sentiment ever to grace a card?  (Friends Fur-Ever) - the flowers are from Marvelous Marigolds.  Guess what ink I used?  Yup - Orange along with some Orange and Pumpkin cardstock.  Moral of the story - not sure, but suddenly I am in the mood for Cheetos!
All supplies available in my online a muse|studio shop!!

13 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

"Orange" you proud of yourself for going outside of your comfort zone and creating this incredibly cute card? I love the gingham scalloped border. You did an awesome job!

Chrissie said...

Hi Michelle, orange is not a colour that immediately springs to my mind when card making either, but this is a great card and I love the sentiment.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Jan said...

lovely card xx Jan

Mandi said...

Hi Michelle
I love orange, that's the colour of my car!!
Super card, your an inspiration!
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Kathyk said...

What a lovely big and bold statement this card is - FAB-U-LOUS!

Kathyk

Kimberly Jones said...

Vivid! This card is very vibrant and I love the sentiment and the gingham accent!

Shobana said...

So glad you went ahead with orange! LOVE that color and your card has turned out fab! :)

veronica said...

LOVE IT!!!!
the orange is terrific!
also love the gingham, it can't go wrong!

Aileen said...

Love your bright colour. x

jen said...

well 'orange' you clever?! :D
your take on the sketch is great- very cheery!

Carol said...

Lovely card, great colour choice. Carol x

Susan said...

I find orange difficult to work with...but you've made a beautiful card with it!
Susan@Keeping in Touch

Lisa A. said...

LOVE the orange...what a lovely card!! Such rich and pretty colors...very nice:)!!