Tuesday, July 12, 2011

CAS126 - Skirt Inspiration

Today's card was brought to you by the letter "I" for inspiration (more on that later).  Anyhoo, the layout is based on the current SCS Clean and Simple Challenge 126 and features Baker's Twine (charcoal) which is the challenge for the CARDS blog this week.
a muse|studio Squash and Toffee cardstock combine with patterned paper cut with the largest of the a|s scallop border set.  An enthusiastic sentiment from the Monogram Frames stamp set finishes things off.  Do you like that patterned paper?  It came from this. . .
 which was inspired by this. . .
my skirt that I had on Sunday.  I love this skirt and have often commented on the design - so I finally grabbed my watercolor crayons and some black acrylic paint and had a go at it.  I've FINALLY figured out that an art journal is supposed to be fun - not an exercise in attempting perfection.  Obviously I am slow - all of you figured that out ages ago, right?  My dabbling at painting/playing then led to this. . .
A super bright art journal page with a great quote by William Gifford.  I have no clue who this man is but he definitely summed up my feelings!
Isn't that quote fabulous??!!  I definitely don't do much more than scribble but it is something that will be featured more on the blog in the coming months.  As a treat I am taking a couple of Carla Sonheim's online classes - I love her book and the ability she has of making artistic, whimsical animals/people.  I am so excited about it- when I first started stamping about 5 years ago it satisfied all the creative "itches" that I had, but now with more time passing I find that I enjoy so many, many things - and I want to try them all!!

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

These look like quite fun projects! Such wonderful and bright colors.

Sylvia said...

hi Michelle! Such a fun skirt, bet that is not what you were thinking when you bought it! Thanks for stopping by my blog! You are so sweet. Have a fun day and summer with your son.

jen said...

love it! love that you're enjoying your play too!!! :D

veronica said...

love your inspiration skirt, and card too!
great technique too.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the idea of an art journal - something to create just for the sake of creating, for your own pleasure. What a great quote :)
And, I love following the process as it led to the card - so many 'ingredients.' It illustrates so perfectly how I always tell people my ideas come from everywhere, all the time. Thanks for sharing your awesomeness :)