Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tuesday Trigger Trifecta

This card incorporates THREE inspirations from the fine ladies at Paper Crafts.  The first comes from the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger - Luminous Layers pictured below - I am enamored with this dress because it features my favorite earthy colors - cool!
The vertical panel of scallops are easily made with my scallop tutorial that was featured on the CREATE blog.  To add some zing/shine to my scallops there is a strip of copper tape at the top and bottom of the panel - this tape can be found in the stained glass section of your local hobby store.
It is no secret that I am a big fan of Teri Anderson and am inspired by her creations all the time - these fun flags are based on her recent tutorial on Paper Crafts Connection.  Last but certainly not least this card was also made for the current August Paper Crafts Gallery Challenge of Girlfriend-themed projects.
Remember when I posted about how I used up my entire marker making this?  Later that day I found out that I won the random drawing on Dina Wakley's blog Ponderings of all the fabulous things above, which includes the very markers that I used up!!!  Oh happy day!!
I was even happier when my box arrived and Dina had so kindly added some amazing Jenni Bowlin products as well!!  Dina is a terrific mixed media artist from Arizona that has a new line of stamps with Stampington and makes mixed media layering and painting seem effortless - I spend lots of happy time at her blog.  Hope you've had a great weekend!!
Stamps - PTI; Paper - Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your scallop card. I agree with you on the dress - if only I were 20 yrs. younger... Also, thanks for the heads up on your tutorial over on CREATE. I'm thinking of smaller circles for an ATC.
Thanks for sharing.

Dorothy C.

Katie Gehring said...

Love all the rich colors and that fabby sentiment! Great take on the trigger!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! It reflects the trigger dress so well.
Michelle.

Cat Tidwell said...

Awesome! Love using Vellum like that, and this really adds to this creation...LOVE it!

Emsworth Girl said...

What a great card, girls rock yes and that dress rocks! Wonderful job! Congrats on your win!

Anonymous said...

You just kill me, sistah, with your creativity! LOVE your card! :)