Sunday, November 20, 2011

LIM42 - Miss you

This week's challenge at Less is More blog is to do a one-layer card featuring silhouettes.  I used watercolor paint to make a wash of green on the background and then stamped my birds (Inkadinkado) and sentiment (retired amuse artstamps).  Tied a piece of copper cording.  Should've stopped there - oh yes, I should've stopped there.  Alas, I did not - I had a thought that some splats would add that extra needed oomph - in fact, it looks as if my card has the "bird flu" - oh well, can't win them all -
Here is a link to a silhouette card I made back in February that I really love - it is definitely not a one layer card but there are no splats to be seen!

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

I think I agree about the splats Michelle, this week is not a one layer challenge however, so you could have added another layer if you had wished to give it the oomph you wanted!
It's s super card whatever.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Love your somments about the bird flu! Your card is simply lovely

Kathyk

Cath Wilson said...

Love those birds and the splats are fine, but would've perhaps looked better in green, blue or black? Great idea x

Suze Bain said...

It would be more CAS without the splats but I still like it - arty and colourful. xx

Loli said...

Hola Michelle, i'm glad to see you in my blog:D:D.
Your card is a beautiful design, remember me an old card, the cording is a fantastic touch, i like your "birds flu":D:D:D, well done Michelle.
A hug from Palma

Carla said...

it's a lovely card, love the bird flu

veronica said...

i like the splats. and you watercolor paint background is great!

Marrigje said...

I like this card, with the spats. Maybe it was better without them, but with them is great as well

Mandi said...

I'm not a splat kinda gal, but, I think you are being too hard on yourself Michelle
your card is FAB

Thanks so much
mandi LIM

Aileen said...

I like your birds against the painted background. x