Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SheArt 2 - 6" canvas

This is my first canvas with a SheArt girl!!  I loved the first SheArt class but the second one has really resounded with me - I think it has to do with the fact that I finally started to let go with the thought that things
in my art journal had to be perfect.  Back in January when I started my journal I was feeling brave but in reality I was super afraid to mess things up.  As a result there were times that months went by without me attempting a new page. . .
Now I get that the journey is a huge part of the process.  Since I've loosened up and have started to have fun I wish I had time to play in my art journal every single day!!
The colors are reflective of the Play Date Cafe Challenge 109 (Maroon, Copper and Tumeric) - One of the things that I absolutely love about this particular challenge site is the ability to load up any kind of creative work that reflects the colors - I've even seen jewelry uploaded!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Michelle, this is stunningly beautiful! I love it! So much to look at, gorgeous colours. I hope you are going to put this canvas on your wall. :-)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like that about our challenge, too, Michelle...that your creation does not have to be a card or even a layout.

This is a FAB canvas! I am mighty impressed with what you've done. It's really cool.

Thank you SO much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Becky Rusher said...

WOW, Michelle! This is incredible!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo, Michelle! She's beautiful! I'm in awe! TFS! And thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Denise said...

WOW! Your canvas is beautiful and it so perfectly whimsical. I love seeing the different talents and ideas at the Play Date Cafe - such a joy to be exposed to everyone's different mediums. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful... thanks so much for joining us in the Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

What a wonderfully creative and unique piece. I love how it is personalized to you and your style. Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.