Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Too Often Her Head Was In the Fluffy Clouds" Canvas

Last night I felt like playing with my NeoColor (water-soluble wax pastel) crayons so I sketched out a girl on some painted book paper.  Since my extensive collection of NeoColors numbers only 7 there was a rather limited palette to work with - good thing I like shades of brown and white!!
Funny how an art project like this evolves.  With no real intention or direction when I started other than wanting to work with the crayons, I found that when the girl was finished the top of the page seemed too empty so I decided to paint in some clouds.  The caption then seemed to come naturally - "too often her head was in the fluffy clouds".
After that the thought popped up, "If a few fluffy clouds are good - MORE fluffy clouds will be better!!" The result being the two smaller canvases.  I really like how all three pieces work together to make one large composite piece.  Makes me wonder now how many of the artistic works that I really admire had lots of forethought and planning in their creation or just "kinda happened"?
Linking to Artists in Blogland - Show and Tell Saturday #17.

5 comments:

MixedMolly said...

Love this! Probably many great works have the element of "just happening" if I had to guess :)

Anonymous said...

I love where your mind wandered! :) So charming...

Kimberly Jones said...

This is adorable! Love the hair over the shoulder. Very sweet!

jen said...

Love this! And so fun to hear the evolution!! :D
(I can't believe you don't have any of those neocolors in pink!)
*wink*

Unknown said...

Love it a lot!! I like drawing and painting on book pages.