Sunday, February 12, 2012

"Sketching Everyday Things" - Sketchbook Delight II - Lesson 2

Here is my homework for Lesson 2 of Alisa Burke's Sketchbook Delight II.  This lesson focused on sketching things you find around your home (like food) that you may not necessarily think to draw/sketch.  Alisa drew some adorable cupcakes but since I didn't have any nearby I decided to sketch my breakfast -
A healthy breakfast of apple, granola bar and a latte.  Don't kid yourself - my breakfast isn't that healthy everyday - yesterday my breakfast was a Butternut doughnut from Dunkin' Doughnuts.  One day this week I ate leftover chocolate cake for breakfast.  Surely, I am not the only one who cheats on "the most important meal of the day"!!  This is my second time sketching this still life - the proportions are definitely better the second time around but still I'm having issues with the mug - there is a lip at the top I have no idea how to draw.
Linking to Art Journal Everyday - Julie Fei Fan Balzer.

3 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

Looks awesome {and delicious!} But I have to say chocolate cake sounds like my kind of breakfast!

veronica said...

hey! i remember that mug!
love your crosshatching!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! This is fantastic. I think I have that same mug too... but in a J ;)