Monday, May 7, 2012

Fingerpainted Flowers -

Messy, messy fun in the art journal - wanted to try my hand at fingerpainting flowers.  Wait for it - - "try my hand at fingerpainting" - har har!!  I'll be here all week . . .
The top page is meant to look like a patch of orange poppies on a sunny day.  However, my husband says they look like a bunch of peaches with their pits showing - sigh.  I believe a bit more success was met with the second attempt.
Here is my half-dried out palette - once the painted flower designs were dry and trimmed down for the journal, I decided to cut up the remaining bits into small strips for use on future projects -
The idea for fingerpainting flowers came from a recent Alisa Burke post where she made amazing work of her flowers -
The whole point is to try something new - It was fun, messy and quick - definitely something to attempt again on another day!
Linking to Show and Tell Saturday #25 - Artists in Blogland  and  Just Journals Link Party.

6 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

Love them! And why are messy paint-splattered palettes so pretty? I don't know - they just are! Beautful flowers!

Anonymous said...

HI Michelle. Love the name of your blog! Second attempt much better. I don't know about the first one looking like peach halves, but the second had more flower shapes and the mix of red, orange and white gave depth and interest. Fun and messy and something new! Well you can't beat that. Blessings Terri

Janet said...

That looks like fun! I haven't fingerpainted in years. I love your poppies...and I like the idea to cut up the excess and use it in your journal.

Marcia Beckett said...

gorgeous colors!

veronica said...

i looks like so much fun! did you take a pic of your fingers when you were done?

Ric / Life N Canvas said...

Really awesome! Great colors!!!