Friday, July 13, 2012

Shell Girl goes on holiday. . .

This is Shell Girl - her skirt is embellished with beach shells collected by my mother on their vacation to the Outer Banks last year.
She lives in our bathroom on top of a little cabinet that sits on the floor.  Shell Girl has lots of secrets since she can see how much we weigh when we hop on that scale.   Recently she went on a vacation -
to the Spirit of Summer Art Show at Blick in Evansville, IN.  There she is - look closely on the top row.  She is a petite little lady compared to many of the art pieces that were featured.
Here I am visiting her on opening night - By the way, "Bubble Boy" on her left was the People's Choice at the show.
Here Kim and I are visiting her piece in the upper right hand corner.
It was quite an adventure for my Shell Girl - especially in light of the fact that nothing that I've ever made has been seen outside the walls of this house or the posts on this blog!  She came back home this afternoon - Glad to have her back!

7 comments:

Heather said...

I think Shell girl is beautiful. So serene.

Ali H said...

She's lovely - can see that you have missed her whilst she was away "on tour" !! Love the colours that you have chosen to use ! Ali x

veronica said...

what a fun adventure! she looks like she had a good time!

Kimberly Jones said...

Shell Girl is so pretty! Loved seeing her at the art show!

jen said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats on letting her have a field trip!!! ;)

Viola said...

Oh my..! what a gorgeous shell girl! =) I love her dress and the whole art work is so fantastic! :)
and so are you, I can see! :)

what good the shellgirl has arrived back home to you! :) take good care of her! :)

jenn shurkus said...

i LOVE this michelle :) It is beautiful ;)