Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Graphite Girl -

Do you plan on taking Life Book 2013?  So many of my favorite instructors plus others that I am excited to learn more about.  When I signed up I purchased Tamara Laporte's Fabulous Faces class and this is my first drawing.
Started with a basic face shape and a bit of shading. . . 
One eye done and one to go. . . 
I thought she's appreciate a bit of color around her once I was finished but part of me wishes I'd just left her in grayscale.  Obviously, her hair could use a bit of attention but since my attention span is short her hair color is "white"?
We are under a blizzard warning tonight - could get several inches of snow - we'll see what happens. . .

5 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

I have signed up for life book 2013! Great work on that face and I love the red background. Sorry to hear about blizzard warning.

denthe said...

Love her Michelle! I'm thinking of signing up too! Might "see" you there! Hope the blizzard won't be too bad ...

DJ said...

I love her both ways. But I do think the red bg is a nice touch.

bellefrogworks said...

Love that girl - she is wonderful with her shading and lovely features. I am signing up next week for Life Book 2013 (not in the December budget). Hoping to learn a lot and take new directions in my art next year.

veronica said...

i love the hair! looks great!