Monday, July 15, 2013

Illustration Friday - TRAVEL

She often wore her pirate eye patch while planning her imaginary jaunts to the Florida Wetlands.

This week's Illustration Friday topic is TRAVEL and maps symbolize travel to me - Want to know what's under that eye patch? 
It was the easiest way to fix a face that was a bit wonky and not very interesting.
HUSBAND - "If I was at a Speed Dating Event I'd pass her table right by. . ."
ME - "That's not very nice.  I think she is cute."
HUSBAND - "That doesn't make me feel good - you told me earlier tonight that I was cute."
My older son Connor said that she looked like Sloth from The Goonies!  Google it if you want to know how mean my kid is to me - I get no respect around here!

Linking to Creative Every Day and

12 comments:

Melanie said...

It is a great face. Like the way you fixedthe eye.
Liefs, Melanie

denthe said...

OMG! I had no idea who Sloth from the Goonies was so I had to google it. Got a scare! That is one ugly creature .... You're right: your kid is being mean, she doesn't look at all like that, in fact I like her wonky face, with and without the eye patch.

alarmcat said...

i think it made her unique, not wonky at all.

If she is going to wear a patch, I think she might enjoy an eyepatch with a little bling!! She looks like that kind of girl.

veronica said...

i love her! looks great on the map!

Cindy D. said...

The map as a background is really cool! I think she works with the *slightly* wonky eyes, but the eye patch is a neat accessory!

iHanna said...

I like her before eye patch, and after too. And of course he would pass her, he is married!!! ;-)

Textile Recycler said...

You know how husbands can be....Very cute post!

Paper rainbow said...

Your pirate girl is delightful. just had a look at illustration friday, loads of super things and artists, thanks so much for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Lmao- sloth!! I love both images, sometimes my family has that funniest things to say about my paintings, i think i've developed a thick skin! X

barefootedwanderer said...

She is wonderful... and I love the way you layered her over a map.

Sloth is my favorite character from the Goonies! Its not a nice compliment but at least he didn't say the old lady from the movie.

Michelle said...

Hahaha! I love her eye patch, and she IS cute. ;-)

Renee Dowling said...

Funny, post! Heehee! A good fix up with the eye patch. I messed up once with some lips I planted on one of my drawings, so I disguised them with a book in front of her face!