Thursday, October 9, 2014

Van Gogh girl. . .

Last week was the start of Studying Under the Masters (portraits and self-portraits).  Jeanne Oliver chose Vincent Van Gogh to apprentice under and her projects and videos are superb! 
To be different I attempted to paint one of my girls in the style of Van Gogh.  Not sure if I was very successful but I had gobs of fun!  There is tons of movement in this girl.  I used a mixture of matte and satin paint so in real life there is even more movement when you walk past her. 
This week is Picasso - can't wait to start watching those videos but I've got to finish the first week first.  I've got a feeling it will take me months to finish this class!

Linking to Paint Party Friday and

6 comments:

denthe said...

I love seeing what other artists do when painting in the style of one of the great masters. Your girl surely fits in with Van Gogh's style ....

Giggles said...

Fabulous...YES you captured your girl in his style...and yes there is so much movement...it's as though the clouds are moving behind her!! LOVE IT!!

Hugs Giggles

Faye said...

I've never tried painting in the style of one of the old masters. You've done an exceptional job. It is beautiful.

Netty said...

sounds a great challenge and love your interpretation of Van Gogh's style. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Neesie said...

Fascinating and so inspiring Michellem,
You are so talented and should be thrilled... a great Van Gogh style painting.
Happy PPF to you

Beth Niquette said...

I love Van Gogh--you've caught the feeling of his paintings. Just lovely.