Sunday, December 28, 2014

"Silence your mind. Pick up your pencil and draw."

"Silence your mind.  Pick up your pencil and draw."
                     -  Pinterest

We had such a nice weekend with family in from Mississippi.  No stress - just visiting and catching up with each other.  Those are the best visits aren't they?  While we sat chatting in the living room last night I sketched a girl in ink but since we were visiting so long I tried out some shading with graphite and I'm pretty happy with how she turned out - her eyes are a bit wonky (as always) but my younger son said, "Finally, you made a girl that is pretty."
Brutally honest but I'll take that as a compliment! 
Linking to Creative Monday and

4 comments:

denthe said...

I love thge combination of your stylized drawing with the soft shading.

alarmcat said...

what?? I think all of your girls are pretty!!

Clare Lloyd said...

She is lovely. I love the way you draw hair and the shading is great.

AppleApricot Wen said...

You draw beautiful girls Michelle! Happy to have come across your blog. xx Wen