Sunday, March 29, 2015

The paper hoarder

Back in the day I was a scrapbook paper hoarder - I had a bad habit of buying several sheets of each pattern that I loved - or even liked.  Fast forward a few years and my papercrafting has slowed way down but my paper stash has grown and GROWN!  
Now, in an effort to grow my limited storage space and to shrink the unruly paper hoard, I've started cutting the paper into 4" x 6" sheets and using them for scratch paper, etc.   It sure is nice to grab a piece of paper and find a gorgeous pattern on the back.  In fact, when I turned a sheet I'd been using for the grocery list over the other day and saw the fun Basic Grey cloud paper I immediately grabbed a pen and sketched a girl.  Are you a paper hoarder too??
Linking to Sunday Sketches and

7 comments:

alarmcat said...

this was like reading a post about ME! I gave away hundreds of sheets of paper last year and still keep finding stashes here and there. I'm terrible when it comes to paper. I do try and use it. But I can only use so much. I have a "NO BUY" rule in effect for now...wish me luck!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

My ... who would love making notes on such beautiful scratch paper! Great idea ... and best wishes on the paper de-stashing!

And I love your sketch, too. The words inspired a laugh, as I rarely "dress up" and when I do ... well ... I respond in a similar way!

Love it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful papers.... How could any artists resist them. ;)

Alexandra MacVean said...

She is lovely and I love her dress. So cute! I love your paper. I used to be really in to scrapbooking as well and when I moved from IL to CO, I sold about 15 boxes of my scrapbook supplies, only taking about 6 with me. I ended up giving those away as well. lol

denthe said...

Great use of all the scrapbookpaper! Love your girl ♥

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I make art with book pages and yes, my books and then my painted pages take over everything and everywhere. Love what you created here... such a sweet face and so cool to be inspired by the paper itself! Brava!

pauline said...

oh my lord Michelle... this girl is YOU! Look at your photo on the left, and the illustration on the right. It's a mirror image - even the angle is right. Love that combination of illustration & writing, and you always seem to find exactly the right words. And yes, i too LOVE paper! Great collection you have there. ;) xx